Boy's Club Day
Boy's Club Day is observed next on Friday, May 19th, 2023 (361 days from today).
Boys' Club Day on May 19th every year celebrates Boys & Girls Clubs of the United States on the anniversary of the founding of the Federation Boys Club, the organization's predecessor.
History of Boys’ Club Day
The first Boys’ Club focused on character development and was established in 1860 by three women in Hartford, Connecticut. On May 19th, 1906, several Boys' Clubs decided to join together to form the Federation Boys Club. It became the Boys Clubs of America in 1931, and in 1990 it became the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, acknowledging the fact that girls were also part of the organization.
The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of America is "to enable all young people, especially people who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, important, conscientious and responsible citizens." The organization's vision is "to provide a world-class Club Experience that ensures success is within reach of every young man who enters our doorstep, with all members on their way to graduating from high school." with plans for the future, show character and good citizenship, and live a healthy lifestyle." On Boys' Club Day, we celebrate Boys & Girls Clubs of America for their long history of attachment to our youth.
How to celebrate Boys’ Club Day
- Study more knowledge about your local Boy's and Girl's clubs
- Encourage your children to join them
- Build and then fly a kite.
- For an adventure of discovery, try geofencing.
- Collect fallen leaves in order to create an artistic collage.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter. Learn to walk and groom animals.
- Create stepping stones by plaster of Paris and colorful beads.
- Make a paper airplane and have a contest to see which one flies the farthest.
- Create artistic masterpieces by using sidewalk chalk.
- Play basketball, miniature golf, sand volleyball, bowling, badminton, soccer, baseball, Wiffle ball, kickball or any sports game.
- Throw rocks in a pond or river when fishing.
- Break the board game and have a tournament.
- Long walk. Enjoy the beautiful autumn weather.
- Tie a dyed t-shirt or handkerchief.
- Visit museums and discover history.
- Go to the library and watch an old book or movie.
- Write a short story together.
- Use the hashtag #BoysAndGirlsClubDayForKids to post on social media.
ObservedBoy's Club Day has been observed annually on May 19th.
Wednesday, May 19th, 2021
Thursday, May 19th, 2022
Friday, May 19th, 2023
Sunday, May 19th, 2024
Monday, May 19th, 2025