National Bavarian Crêpes Day
National Bavarian Crêpes Day is observed next on Friday, March 22nd, 2024 (29 days from today).
Have you ever tried something of German dessert? Outstanding Bavarian cuisine from Germany. Bavarian recipes have always been renowned for the simplicity of preparation and unpretentiousness, but at the same time, the dishes are enticing and satisfying. Desserts in Bavaria are simple but extremely delicious. These include a variety of strudels, pies, and of course, cakes. In it, of course, Crêpes, like pancakes, cannot be missed. Bavarian Crêpes are very popular, and there is a day to celebrate this light, airy dish. March 22 every year is chosen as National Bavarian Crêpes Day, an annual celebration to recognize dessert as an indispensable part of the table.
The Bavarian crepe is a very tasty, pancake-like dessert. They are usually made from flour or buckwheat flour, then filled, rolled, and then often coated with glaze, fruit, chocolate, or whipped cream. In Bavaria, Crêpes are called palatschinke. Similar to French Crêpes, Bavarian crepe makers do not need to rest before serving.
Both Crêpes present themselves as delicious desserts and refreshing breakfast spaces. They even make a light brunch with a savory dish. However, Crêpes shine when delivering delicate and beautiful desserts. The results are almost always spectacular whether they're filled with jam, cream or mousse.
History of National Bavarian Crêpes Day
The origin of the national Bavarian Crêpes Day is still being sought. Although no one knows who the founder of Bavarian Crêpes Day is, why it chooses March 22 as an annual celebration, but, for those who love this snack, this day is indeed for them.
How to observe National Bavarian Crêpes Day
On National Bavarian Crêpes Day, add this soft, sweet treat to your breakfast menu, be it a late-afternoon treat with a frugal cup of coffee or hot tea. Besides, you can also challenge yourself by making your own cake with the recipe below:
Wheat flour: 200 – 250 grams of flour
Chicken eggs: 3 eggs
Fresh milk: 500ml liter of fresh milk
White granulated sugar: 50gr
A little salt
2 bananas, strawberry, kiwi or fruit of your choice
Step 1: Mix the Flour
• First of all, you put the prepared dough together with a little salt in a large bowl.
• Break the eggs into the flour bowl and beat well, note that when you beat the eggs, you need to beat them evenly so that the dough does not become lumpy and smooth.
• Next, slowly pour the prepared fresh milk into the egg powder mixture and then continue to beat until a smooth liquid mixture is obtained.
• When the mixture is smooth and evenly mixed, let the mixture stand for 30 minutes so that the ingredients in the mixture are evenly absorbed.
Step 2: Roll Cake
• Prepare a non-stick pan, put the non-stick pan on the stove, and reduce the heat until the pan is hot.
• Spread a little butter on the surface and smooth so that the butter is all over the surface of the pan then pour the excess butter into a small bowl. Note that it is only coated, no need to put butter on the pan and only coat the pan once for the first time.
• Scoop a patch of mixed flour into the pan, coat the pan evenly so that the dough is spread thinly in a circular shape.
• Keep the heat to the lowest, when the dough is golden brown, flip it over with a spoon and fry the other side until golden.
• When the dough is cooked, remove the dough to a plate. Repeat for the other cake layers until all the dough is gone.
Step 3: Enjoy
Spread a layer of cake on a plate, slice the fruits, add whipped cream, then drizzle with honey or fruit sauce, roll and enjoy.
Share your results and delicious meal on social media with the hashtag #NationalBavarianCrepesDay.
ObservedNational Bavarian Crêpes Day has been observed annually on March 22nd.
Tuesday, March 22nd, 2022
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2023
Friday, March 22nd, 2024
Saturday, March 22nd, 2025
Sunday, March 22nd, 2026