National Orange Juice Day
National Orange Juice Day is observed next on Thursday, May 4th, 2023 (150 days from today).
National Orange Juice Day is celebrated on May 4th every year to boost the health benefits of Orange Juice.
National Orange Juice Day is a joyful day dedicated to recognizing the importance of a glass of OJ on breakfast tables across America. Orange juice is the extract or juice of an orange and there are different varieties of orange juice as well as varieties of oranges. Orange juice may or may not contain fruit, and is classified as orange juice with and without pulp.
Orange juice is one of the most popular juices in the country and is very healthy as long as it doesn't contain a lot of sugar.
Some amazing truths about Orange Juice
- Be popular in the E.U.
The majority of US orange juice exports go to the European Union, where orange juice is almost universally favored.
- Brazil produces the most orange juice
The US is second only to Brazil in terms of orange juice production.
- Canada is the largest consumer
The United States ranks second, but the world's largest consumer of orange juice is Canada.
- Tropicana accounts for nearly 65% of the market
Owned by PepsiCo, Tropicana Products is the largest orange juice producer in the country.
- The flavoring pack is added to the orange juice
All deoxidized juices require a flavor pack to be added because the process of deoxidation also takes away the juice’s entire flavor.
History of National Orange Juice Day
National Orange Juice Day is a day dedicated to honoring the wonders of orange juice, a juice so delicious that it has become one of the most popular juices in America.
There are many different types of orange juice based on different types of oranges, but the most popular orange juice today is made from sweet oranges. Mandarin oranges and clementine are also commonly used, especially to make carbonated beverages.
Depending on the manufacturing process, orange juice is labeled in different ways. The most common type of orange juice available is frozen concentrated orange juice. During this process, commercially squeezed orange juice is pasteurized, and all oxygen is removed from it to ensure shelf life. It is then evaporated and the concentrate is stored at low temperature. Reconstituted juice is juice made by adding water to this frozen concentrate.
There are advantages and disadvantages to different types of orange juice. Although canned juice retains more vitamin C than reconstituted juice, it has a shorter shelf life and tends to lose flavor. Freshly squeezed orange juice, as the name suggests, is squeezed from the fruit and has not been pasteurized or processed in any way. It has an even shorter shelf life, but the most flavor and vitamins of all the different orange juices.
Why National Orange Juice Day?
National Orange Juice Day is a special chance to raise awareness of the health benefits of Orange Juice. One cup of fresh orange juice, equivalent to 8 ounces, contains 124 mg of Vitamin C and 20.8 grams of sugar. It includes 112 Calories. It contains potassium, thiamine, folate, flavonoids, and the antioxidant hesperidin.
Due to the presence of citric acid, it is called an acidic fruit. Orange Juice as a breakfast offers amazing health benefits. Therefore, consider drinking Orange Juice Daily. Always have fresh Orange juice. The frozen orange pulp may have lost its taste. Consuming such pulp will have no effect on our body.
Some facts about National Orange Juice Day
- Orange juice is rich in Vitamin C. However, it is rich in sugar. Therefore, there are conflicts of health benefit agreements.
- Despite the disagreement, some nutritionists suggest orange juice as an alternative to raw oranges by saying that orange juice is quicker to digest compared to oranges and that it probably limits our daily intake.
- Certain regulations are followed in the Production of Orange Juice as directed by the Food and Drug Administration established by the United States Department of Health and Human Services. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the ingredients of Orange Juice must be fresh or frozen concentrated Orange Juice, Orange Oil and Orange Powder.
- In addition, Sugar or Sugar Syrup, Glucose Syrup or Dried Glucose Syrup, Corn Syrup or Dried Corn Syrup may be added as sweeteners in the correct amounts specified by FDA.
- Orange juice improves immunity and rejuvenates skin cells preventing aging. Asboric acid present in orange juice is involved in the repair of cells and detoxification of harmful substances present in the body.
- In addition, it also helps blood circulation and keeps blood pressure stable. Perhaps, by stabilizing the pressure, it lowers blood cholesterol. Hesperidin, an antioxidant found in oranges, helps the proper functioning of blood vessels, leading to lower blood pressure and prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
How to celebrate National Orange Juice Day
- Drink a tall glass of orange juice
The best way to celebrate National Orange Juice Day is to pour yourself a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast! Your immune system will thank you for vitamin C.
- Visit Florida's Orange Garden
A great way to get some fresh orange juice and see where most of the country's orange juice comes from is to visit sunny Florida orchards. See if you can find a factory that will give you a tour and show you how your orange juice is made.
- Sell some orangeade
Switch to the lemonade stand business this National Orange Juice Day. Order a counter with some delicious orange juice to give to passersby!
Here is the simple Orange Juice recipe for you
Step 1: First of all, take a mature Orange to make juice because mature Orange will taste sweeter and we can get more.
Step 2: Roll the orange by hand or simply on the table. This method softens the fruit and makes peeling significantly easier.
Step 3: Peel the oranges, cut them in half horizontally and remove the seeds.
Step 4: Squeeze both halves. Use a Juicer if you have one or simply do it by hand. Finally, strain the juice and add sugar, if needed. Enjoy this National Orange Juice Day with Orange Juice.
ObservedNational Orange Juice Day has been observed annually on May 4th.
Tuesday, May 4th, 2021
Wednesday, May 4th, 2022
Thursday, May 4th, 2023
Saturday, May 4th, 2024
Sunday, May 4th, 2025