Psychiatric Technician's Day
Psychiatric Technician's Day is observed next on Tuesday, January 16th, 2024 (348 days from today).
Psychiatric Technician's Day is celebrated on January 16 every year. However, there is no official information about the origin of this day and the founder as well.
What is a Psychiatric Technician?
A mental health technician or mental health technician, commonly known as a mental health officer, and historically a male flight attendant, is a mental health professional who usually works under the direction of a mental health professional and psychiatric nurses. They provide direct care to people with emotional development disabilities, as well as those diagnosed with mental illnesses such as psychosis; or a brain disease such as dementia. In addition, they also ensure patients adhere to personal hygiene habits, take medication, eat meals and other small daily issues, which can go wrong in psychiatric cases and need outside help and sometimes even limit the use of force. They are employed in public and private hospitals and long-term care facilities, and in some countries they also serve on daily ambulances and night watches to assist in the case of treatment for psychiatric patients who engage in disorderly conduct in public, when police intervention is deemed inappropriate or unnecessary, or when detainees may not necessarily behave in a disorderly manner but still show obvious medical concern.
Typical Day for Psychiatric Technicians
Below is a list of the jobs that Psychiatric Technicians do on a daily basis.
- Take and record measurements of a patient's physical condition, using devices such as thermometers or sphygmomanometers.
- Monitor the patient's physical and mental health and report unusual behavior or illness to medical staff.
- Provide nursing, psychiatric, or personal care services to patients with mental illness, emotional disturbances, or mental retardation.
- Observe patient behavior, communicate and interact with them, and teach, counsel or befriend them.
- Coordinate or assist physicians, psychologists, or rehabilitation therapists working with patients with mental illness, emotional disturbances, or developmental delays to treat, rehabilitate and patients return to the community.
How to celebrate Psychiatric Technician's Day
It is simple that you can try to become a Psychiatric Technician for a day to know how difficulties they are. Moreover, you can spread and encourage people to raise awareness about the importance of Psychiatric Technicians. They can be called silent soldiers to help people treat diseases relating mental.
ObservedPsychiatric Technician's Day has been observed annually on January 16th.
Sunday, January 16th, 2022
Monday, January 16th, 2023
Tuesday, January 16th, 2024
Thursday, January 16th, 2025
Friday, January 16th, 2026