Elmo's Birthday is observed next on Friday, February 3rd, 2023 (259 days from today).
Every people in the United States know Elmo, right? Elmo is the number one character on the popular TV show, Sesame Street. His birthday is annually celebrated on February 3. This is a fun holiday for people to happy Birthday Elmo!
Fun Elmo Facts
- Elmo is male
- Elmo has a family. His mother and father are Louie and Mae, and his younger sister is Daisy.
- Elmo is from the United States.
- His best friends are Zoe and Abby
- He has a pet goldfish, Dorothy.
- Elmo loves to eat his favorite food, wasabi.
- He also loves riding his tricycle.
- He loves being tickled a lot when he has a Tickle Me Elmo doll.
- Elmo's World is celebrated for a 15-minute segment on Sesame Street.
- Sesame Street has been on television since November 1969.
- The first appearance of Elmo is on Sesame Street in 1985.
- Elmo is forever 3 and a half years old.
- In the early days of Sesame Street in the 1970s, Elmo was an "extra" puppet - rarely used.
Origin of Elmo's Birthday
Joined by Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch and Bert and Ernie, Elmo is by far one of the most popular TV personalities to ever exist. The red furry puppet was created in the early 70's and started as "Baby Monster" on the TV series, Elmo became a stable character and household name in 1985. He's not aged for many years and is still three years old -the first year since the 80's. Elmo has become so popular in recent years, there are Elmo workshops where you can create Elmo art, and there are also digital molds colas, slippers, dolls, and Sesame Street Live, which focuses on all the characters of Sesame Street.
He's the most beloved red monster from Sesame Street - always friendly, playful and bubbly. We adore him for his cute giggles and adventurous ways. Many people have played Elmo over the years, with his first appearance being in 1972.
Elmo is such a popular character that he was given his own segment, called Elmo's World. This hairy monster always refers to itself in the third person. He has a big family and Dorothy, a goldfish. His favorite toy that he usually carries is a monster doll, and he loves his blue blanket. Elmo loves most foods, especially wasabi, but hates Brussels sprouts!
How to celebrate Elmo's Birthday
To celebrate the beloved character's birthday, watch an episode of Sesame Street or Elmo's World and enjoy some spicy wasabi while watching. You can also celebrate by sending one of our free online Sesame Street invitations to an upcoming virtual or distant party!
ObservedElmo's Birthday has been observed annually on February 3rd.
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2021
Thursday, February 3rd, 2022
Friday, February 3rd, 2023
Saturday, February 3rd, 2024
Monday, February 3rd, 2025