International Pizza Cake Day
International Pizza Cake Day is observed next on Thursday, April 18th, 2024 (139 days from today).
International Pizza Cake Day is annually celebrated on the third Thursday in April in order to honor pizza cake.
History of International Pizza Cake Day
According to its history, the first pizza was made by a chef named François Gundermeaux, appeared in the wedding of the Duke of Angoulême of France and Lady Mauriello of Italy. This wedding is said to have taken place in France during the Italian War, during the French Renaissance, partly to form an alliance. After that, Lady Mauriello's father, named Geomar, made a request for Chef Gundermeaux to make a traditional Italian pizza to be included with the wedding meal. It was the day before the wedding, and Chef Gundermeaux was not familiar with pizza beyond seeing them in pictures but as a pastry expert, he created a cake that looked like a pizza. When tasting the dish, Geomar said that this would not be a pizza, this was pizza. Moreover, this story has been appeared on the social media during International Pizza Day but there are not official evidences to corroborate. There were many Dukes of Angoulême during the Italian Wars, however, no one known that who was got married with Lady Mauriello or had Gundermeaux bake a pizza. Regardless of whether the story is true or not, today is a day to eat cakes shaped like pizzas.
In 2014, after this holiday had come into existence, recipes for another pizza began to appear online. This pizza uses ingredients normally used for a pizza, but is baked by stacking multiple pizzas on top of each other. Although there is official evidences about this holiday, people still choose the most suitable way to celebrate by eating this type of pizza.
How to celebrate International Pizza Cake Day
There are many different ways to celebrate International Pizza Cake Day. You can choose to do some special things with your relatives. The greatest way is to make a pizza by yourself. See if you can fool your friends into thinking they're about to bite into a slice of pizza. In fact, there are many recipes in the cooking books or via internet; it is possible for you to find a suitable one for yourself. You can also celebrate this day by making a pizza.
How to make a Pepperoni Pizza
How can you not smile when you look at the layers and layers of the pizza? Don't push this recipe out too hard or too time-consuming. It's really super easy to make with the help of pizza crust in the fridge.
- Start by finding a pan with a high wall, like this cake pan. The bottom part doesn't need to be disassembled like this. It can even be a square pan, if you can't find a round pan.
- Try to roll out your pizza carefully and make it out to become an even layer. Divide it into three 6-inch circles (or any size fit to your pan).
- Bake the circles on a lightly greased baking tray for just eight minutes, then remove them from the pan and let cool. Divide the second pizza into two 6-inch circles, bake for eight minutes, and then let cool. Cut a line on the opposite side of the remaining pizza. Make sure the dough is half an inch above the height of the pan and cut into a long strip.
- Line a round pan with parchment paper, facing up, and cover the sides of the pan. Be careful to put the pizza into the pan, avoid lining two sides, make a distance the excess half inch of dough hang over the outer edge. Get one of the cooked and be cooled pizza circles, then put it into the bottom of the pan.
- It is a great time to help the kids! How about adding the pizza sauce on the bottom layer, and then add a layer of pepperoni. Place a layer of grated mozzarella cheese on top, followed by another circle of pre-cooked pizza dough.
- Repeat this step as much as possible until you reach the top layer. Complete the pizza by yourself with its sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni at last. The pizza over the edge of the pan is used to create the crust by rolling it over the top of the pizza.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pizza sides are fully cooked. If the top of the pizza crust becomes too dark while baking, cover the crust with a strip of aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- Once the cake is fully cooked, carefully remove the pizza from the pan by pulling up the parchment. Let the pizza cool for five minutes before using a sharp knife to cut the slices, the same way you would a pie.
ObservedInternational Pizza Cake Day has been observed the third Thursday in April.
Thursday, April 21st, 2022
Thursday, April 20th, 2023
Thursday, April 18th, 2024
Thursday, April 17th, 2025
Thursday, April 16th, 2026