National Banana Bread Day
National Banana Bread Day is observed next on Thursday, February 23rd, 2023 (82 days from today).
Banana bread can be called a "national" cake because the recipe is super easy. Those who do not like to eat fruit will also be conquered by the passionate banana flavor mixed with the fragrant cinnamon flavor in each slice of cake. Banana bread fans must be very happy when Banana Bread day is placed on the calendar. February 23 every year is national banana bread day, this is a day for banana bread fanatics who love their taste.
History of Banana Bread
Banana bread today is very popular, has appeared since the early years of the 20th century. Banana bread became popular and became an indispensable part of the American people. Since the 1930s, banana bread has spread and become popular throughout the United States by the popular appearance of baking powder and baking soda. Banana bread were first discovered through the Pillsbury Balanced Recipes cookbook in 1933. Since then, they have been loved and accepted by a large number of Americans in 1950 when Chiquita Banana's Recipes Book publish.
History of National Banana Bread Day
Today, the history as well as the origin of the National Banana Bread Day is still being searched. It is believed that a certain banana bread lover initiated the national Banana Bread Day, and fortunately there are many people around the world who love banana bread. And they respond to this day in many different ways.
Observing National Banana Bread Day
There are many ways to celebrate National Banana Bread Day. One of them, you go to the bread shop, choose to buy yourself delicious banana bread. Besides, you can also make your own banana bread at home, using the simple recipe below:
Recipe for a 20 cm oval cake pan:
- 220 grams of ripe bananas (making bananas, also known as pepper bananas, will have the best taste)
- 147 grams of all-purpose flour
- 5 grams of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1.5 grams of salt
- 1.5 eggs (1 whole egg and half more)
- 120 grams of white diameter. If you want the cake to have a darker brown color, you can use brown sugar instead of white sugar or scale it to still ensure enough sugar.
- 70 grams of delicious cooking oil
- 21 grams of unsweetened yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
Step 1: Turn on the oven at 165 degrees and grease the cake pan with butter or parchment paper.
- Sift the ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt aside.
- Peel bananas in a bowl and use a spoon or fork to mash them by hand until they are crushed. Do not use a blender to puree bananas, the finished product will be greasy and not delicious.
- Take a large bowl, add 1.5 eggs and beat on low speed and gradually increase to medium speed.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat with the eggs. Using a hand-held machine, the total time to beat for about 4-5 minutes until the mixture is light.
- Set the whisk to low and slowly add the cooking oil (divided into 4 times) so that the mixture has time to absorb and dissolve (total cooking time is about 1 minute).
- Continue to add banana puree, yogurt, and vanilla essence and continue to beat until all into a homogeneous mixture.
Step 5: Put the sifted flour mixture in step 2 into the bowl little by little and use a spatula to mix in a FOLD fashion until everything is combined into a homogeneous mixture. Mix gently and comfortably until well combined and no white powder can be seen in the mixture. Or you can use a spatula to mix gently, but remember not to mix for too long, which will cause the dough to be callused and the cake to rise less.
- Pour the flour mixture mixed in step 5 into the mold. Cut a few thin slices of banana and arrange on top for decoration
- Put in the oven for about 60-70 minutes until the top of the cake turns golden brown. Test the cake is done by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake, when the toothpick comes out dry, there is no flour in it, and the cake is done.
- After the cake is cooked, take it out of the oven to cool for about 30 minutes on a rack, after it cools, use a knife to gently poke around the sides and turn upside down to remove the cake from the mold.
- Continue to let the cake cool completely on the rack. The finished cake can be stored for about 3 days in food wrap at room temperature.
If you've read this far, why not give it a try. Make enough banana bread to share with your friends or neighbors. Share your national banana bread day on social media with the hashtag #NationalBananaBreadDay.
ObservedNational Banana Bread Day has been observed annually on February 23rd.
Tuesday, February 23rd, 2021
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2022
Thursday, February 23rd, 2023
Friday, February 23rd, 2024
Sunday, February 23rd, 2025