National Bean Counters' Day
National Bean Counters' Day is observed next on Sunday, April 16th, 2023 (192 days from today).
National Bean Counters' Day is an annual celebration on April 16th since 2016.
Why National Bean Counters' Day?
National Bean Counters' Day or April 16th is a popular day of almost accountants in the world. These hard-working number-crackers passed a day after floating and rushed their tax returns until midnight.
It's time to give the accountants a break after April 16th begins. All receipts have been collected. Double and triple all the different tax forms presented. Have you known a storm of debt and lending in the previous months? It's time to take a well-deserved break for all bean stalls. April 16th is the day accountants turn off their phones and go back to normal.
If your glasses display green on the day after the tax period is more than a tiring touch, you can simply stop trading. This is called National Bean Counters' Day to compliment and admire your visual green bean stand.
The busy and hectic life around taxes will soon end and gradually their daily routine will return. We definitely want to express our thanks for all that they do!
History of National Bean Counters' Day
The term “bean counter” does not always refer to our trusted accountants. Like many phrases, it had more literal meanings before turning into the idiom we use today. There are no differences in meeting the customer at the deli or fabric counter to fulfill their order, the employee met the consumer at the bean counter. Over time, however, the phrase came to be used by accountants, who keep track of every penny (or bean) going in and out of a business.
After April 16th begins, it's time to give the accountants a break. All receipts have been checked. All different tax forms in duplicate and triplicate have been filed. Few months in the past have been a nightmare for many people with debits and credits. It's time for all the stalls to get a well-deserved break. April 16 is the day accountants turn off their phones and go back to a more normal routine.
Kevin Werig, a CPA from Trumbull, CT, came up with this special holiday.
Werig organized this holiday in order to honor CPA as well as the hard work of accountants and to offer a day off work for accountants as soon as the tax deadline ends.
This is called "national" day. However, we did not find any documents from Congress or any statements from the president for that day.
These days this is everyone if for their accountant or CPA and so don't call, text or email them. Remember, after all, the tax came into effect on April 15. We must know that a day is set aside to celebrate tax professionals. It basically aims to honor those responsible for our personal and commercial money. We all know in accounting, there's not much glory. This day of honor allows us to understand labor that is often underappreciated. Every one wishes every Bean Counter a happy National Bean Counters' Day.
How to celebrate National Bean Counters' Day
- It was a day of no debt and simply pleasant possessions. It was a day of entertainment, relaxation and celebration. Too soon, however, the 17th will come, and once again your trusty counter will do the hard work, doing daily and monthly accounts, giving revised rates and complete quarterly accounts. See, every day of the year, your accountant works hard for you.
- Put some TLC on your bean counter. Arrange your time on this day with that person and enjoy the day off together. Then just wait until the next day for your next calls and queries.
- Take a day off if you're a bean counter. Relax and unwind. Try a wonderful dinner for yourself and your family.
- Or, celebrate any way you want on this day, because it's your day. And be confident that today no one will check your work.
- On this day, please remember that contacting by email or taking a visit your accountant is not appreciated. Instead, take a day off while you're at the bean counter! Say “Thank You” to #NationalBeanCounterDay via social media when you see it.
- Let show your appreciation by sending a message to an accountant on National Bean Counters' Day.
ObservedNational Bean Counters' Day has been observed annually on April 16th.
Friday, April 16th, 2021
Saturday, April 16th, 2022
Sunday, April 16th, 2023
Tuesday, April 16th, 2024
Wednesday, April 16th, 2025
Kevin Wenig, CPA on April 5th, 2016