National Rotisserie Chicken Day
National Rotisserie Chicken Day is observed next on Friday, June 2nd, 2023 (113 days from today).
National Rotisserie Chicken Day has been observed annually on June 2nd since 2015 to celebrate the slow-cooked Rotisserie chicken.
There's something about the golden skin of a properly prepared rotisserie chicken that makes your mouth water, isn't there? Although fried and grilled chicken are consumed on a daily basis, few people actually enjoy the delicacy that is rotisserie chicken, slowly roasted over a fire until cooked to a thick consistency. Chicken Rotisserie is available in stores around the world, and National Rotisserie Chicken Day celebrates them, their history and delicious taste.
History of National Rotisserie Chicken Day
While many people may think rotisserie chicken is a new age thing, it is not. The practice of cooking rotisserie chicken dates back to the 1300s. Many paintings from that time depict this roasting method. Of course, back then, turning a roast chicken had to be done by hand.
The invention of motor-driven buns changed the whole scenario, making roast chicken a mainstream mass dish. Shops and many supermarkets have been selling roasted chicken throughout the last century. The first mentions of chicken rotisserie date back to the 1930s.
On the other hand, National Rotisserie Chicken Day is a fairly new phenomenon. Boston Market restaurants were established on this day in April 2015. The day celebrates delicious and tender chicken, achieved through slow cooking.
In this day and age, with many busy households, this form of preliminary chicken processing has become more and more popular. Plus, the health benefits of rotisserie chicken are numerous and so its popularity is growing, and so is it today.
Since its founding in 2015, approximately 600 million rotisserie chickens are sold in the United States alone each year, and many of those are being sold by major stores like Costco and Walmart.
Why National Rotisserie Chicken Day?
There is no meat lover in the world who doesn't love chicken, especially one made with the Rotisserie method. Unlike regular chicken dishes, this involves slowly cooking the chicken as it absorbs all the flavors into it. It is also a healthier option than other dishes made with chicken. It is often recommended for those following a weight loss program because it is low in carbs but high in protein.
Experimenting with chicken may not be an option for everyone, and that's where roast chicken comes in handy. You can try the rotisserie chicken, easily available at any supermarket, in the flavors of your choice on this day. Chicken Rotisserie is not only easy to buy but also super delicious, nutritious and affordable. With so much quality about this dish, it was necessary to celebrate it and that's why we have a date in June for it.
Interesting facts about National Rotisserie Chicken Day
- Rotisserie Chicken is often considered as a pre-seasoned dish. As the result, you do not have to worry about adding another round of seasoning unless you want to add to the mix.
- Almost 25 billion chickens are walking around the world as we speak. This means that the chicken population is larger than the population.
- While eggs become larger as chickens age, the number of eggs decreases with their age. Young chickens lay more eggs, although they may be smaller.
- Chickens also feel stressed and shed their feathers when stressed.
- Rotisserie Grilled Chicken is the easiest option for a meal when you have less time and you want to enjoy something delicious. It's a complete meal and will satisfy your palate.
- During the time when the Covid 19 pandemic was quieted, the production of roasted chicken skyrocketed as this dish quickly became a favorite of the people.
- Rotisserie chickens are depicted in artwork dating to 1300 in the form of paintings. This chicken dish has been around for a long time.
- After its establishment, nearly 600 million rotisserie chickens have been sold throughout supermarkets in the country. The popularity of the dish has also grown by leaps and bounds since its inception as a celebration of the dish.
How to celebrate National Rotisserie Chicken Day
- Buy a roast chicken
On National Rotisserie Chicken Day, you should definitely buy at least one roast chicken for your family from your nearest supermarket. Since they're pretty cheap, you can even buy a dozen of them and bring them to your office to enjoy lunch with friends at work.
- Experiment with flavors
Why not buy yourself a home bakery? This will help you start experimenting with new flavor combinations. You can even invite your friends or loved ones and treat them to this delicious dish on National Rotisserie Chicken Day.
- Share your unique recipes
There is no better way to celebrate this day than by sharing unique recipes for roast chicken on your social media sites. It is more useful if you add the hashtag #NationalRotisserieChickenDay in order to spread to more people in the world.
ObservedNational Rotisserie Chicken Day has been observed annually on June 2nd.
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021
Thursday, June 2nd, 2022
Friday, June 2nd, 2023
Sunday, June 2nd, 2024
Monday, June 2nd, 2025
Boston Market Corporation in April 2015