National Wedding Ring Day
National Wedding Ring Day is observed next on Friday, February 3rd, 2023 (130 days from today).
While the origins of this annual holiday are still unknown, this annual holiday is celebrated on February 3 every year - perhaps a precursor to Valentine's Day?
Whether you own one (or two or three) or are thinking of getting one in the near future, celebrate today the beautiful bracelet that adorns that special someone's ring finger.
Take a look at some of the world's most famous wedding and engagement rings.
The World's Most Famous Wedding and Engagement Ring
- Charles, 32-year-old Prince of Wales, proposed to 19-year-old Lady Diana Spencer in February 1981. Diana was presented with a number of sparkling pieces to choose from and opted for an elegant white gold engagement ring with surrounded by a brilliant oval sapphire. by 14 diamonds. The ring is the one that Diana's son, Prince William, gave to his future bride, Kate Middleton.
- Following his divorce from Diana, Prince Charles presented Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, a lovely platinum Art Deco engagement ring believed to be in the possession of the Queen, and a diamond wedding ring. Welsh gold.
- Speaking of royalty, Prince Ranier of Monacco presented American beauty Grace Kelly with two killer rings - a Cartier platinum eternity ring set with a magnificent 10.47-carat emerald-cut diamond and one "friendship" bracelet with diamonds and rubies.
- America's royal couple, John F. Kennedy, presented the future First Lady of the United States, Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy, a beautiful emerald and diamond engagement ring by Van Cleef & Arpels.
- After President Kennedy was assassinated, Jackie Kennedy continued to marry shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis. He gave his fiancée a 40-carat Marquise Lesotho III diamond ring, considered the third most expensive ring in history, which was sold at auction in 1996 for nearly $3 million.
- Billionaire businessman Donald Trump gave his fiancée, Melania Knauss, a 15-carat flawless emerald-cut diamond.
- Michael Douglas gave Catherine Zeta-Jones a 10-carat diamond valued at approximately $2 million.
- Actor Tom Cruise presented Katie Holmes with a stunning 5-carat oval diamond ring surrounded by smaller 6-carat diamonds set in platinum and rose gold.
- Before marrying Marc Anthony, Jennifer Lopez was given $1.2 million by actor Ben Affleck, a 6-carat, luxurious pink Harry Winston ring (the size of an ice rink). The couple split before the wedding and Jenny from Block returned the ring that was allegedly resold to the seller.
- New parents and music mogul Jay-Z presented their lovely bride Beyonce with an 18-carat flawless diamond by Lorraine Schwartz. This dazzling sparkler is worth an estimated $5 million a large one!
- Grammy Award winner Christina Aguilera was gifted a 5-carat diamond and platinum engagement ring by her fiancé Jordan Bratman.
ObservedNational Wedding Ring Day has been observed annually on February 3rd.
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2021
Thursday, February 3rd, 2022
Friday, February 3rd, 2023
Saturday, February 3rd, 2024
Monday, February 3rd, 2025