World Ego Awareness Day
(Also known as WEAD)
World Ego Awareness Day is observed next on Saturday, May 11th, 2024 (156 days from today).
World Ego Awareness Day on May 11th every year is commemorated in order to raise awareness of the issue of ego, and how it can impact upon everything that we do.
We all know someone we would say has an extremely inflated ego, and although we all have a very good understanding of what the "I" is, we seem to be ignorant of the extent to which harm of this phenomenon. World Ego Awareness Day is an opportunity for us to spend some time in self-reflection to explore ourselves and to explore our experiences with those around us to determine our level of conflict between ourselves and others.
History of World Ego Awareness Day
The Ego Awareness Movement created World Ego Awareness Day (WEAD) to raise social awareness of egoism. The Day supports those affected by selfishness, both the abused and the perpetrators, and aims to prevent people from experiencing this invisible form of abuse. It focuses on education and advocacy to reduce the number of people experiencing egotism and encourages mindfulness and speaking out against narcissistic and egotistical behavior. The Ego Awareness Movement says of this day, "While we hope that people will educate themselves and others throughout the year, this dedicated day gives us the opportunity to collaborate and strengthen mutual understanding."
Someone with selfishness thinks the world revolves around them. They lack humility and consider themselves more important than what they have. Egotism is similar to narcissism. Egotists talk about themselves, and they often take advantage of others' ignorance, irrationality, and altruism for their own gain, sometimes using coercion or deception. . At their core, people with selfishness are trying to gain more value than they give.
The Ego Awareness Movement writes that egoism is "a form of psychological and emotional abuse that can be learned" and that many people have experienced it, both the perpetrator and the abused, without even knowing it. The group says that selfishness "can be the cause of most of our afflictions, including false feelings of superiority, guilt, prejudice, judgment of others, manipulation, rage, and rage." , addiction, stress, violence, racism, sexism, need for praise, approval, reactionary, lack of empathy, loneliness, despair, false propaganda, religious war religious and tribal, etc. "and" all such negative and destructive traits have serious consequences in our personal relationships and the world at large." Participants World Ego Awareness Day can become "Ego Awareness Advocate" by raising social awareness of egoism, so that egoism can be eradicated.
How to celebrate World Ego Awareness Day
Join the movement to raise social awareness of the self. Like-minded people, organizations and communities can help as a support system to share information on this topic with their audience through various channels such as social media, blog sites, local events and community engagement. You can also show your support by distributing our ego brochures, flyers or wearing our wristbands, which may be available. Talk to other advocates and organizations dedicated to mindfulness, awareness, life coaching, self-help, mentoring, spirituality, and more. Organize events or incorporate messages into existing events to educate people about 'selfism'. Connecting with like-minded others (whether on the internet or in person) works great because it facilitates creativity, inspiration, and ideas to build a solid, united foundation. Your conscious family exists in packs around the world, so it's only a matter of time and preparation for a larger change to emerge and spread like wildfire across the globe.
- Find out what the ego is
To learn more about the definition of ego is very important. It can be a bit complicated and confusing concept at first but it is actually very simple. You can find it through a dictionary, an online article, or a psychology book that brings us a deeper understanding of what ego is.
- Discover yourself
In addition, a good way to celebrate World Ego Awareness Day is to found you via meditation and relaxation. Think clearly about your attitude and qualities as a person. Treat your ego as an individual. Is it something bad for you and for others? Is it time to change your way of doing things? Here are some questions that you can think of while reflecting.
- Celebrate on social media
You can also share and upload some photos about your celebration of World Ego Awareness Day via the social media by using the hashtag #WorldEgoAwarenessDay in order to spread this holiday. Moreover, you invite your friends and followers to participate together.
World Ego Awareness Day Messages
- Leave the 'E' and 'GO' behind and follow your dreams with a heart filled with love. Happy World Ego Awareness Day!
- To ensure progress in yourself, you need to learn to be content with what you have. Hope you have a very happy World Ego Awareness Day.
- Remember how important it is to live together on World Courage Awareness Day and grow to live happily with everyone without your ego interfering.
- Leave your ego behind and start understanding the emotions of those around you to ensure a better world. Best wishes for World Ego Awareness Day.
- Ego and consciousness can never go hand in hand. Let go of your ego this World Ego Awareness Day and take a step towards success.
- The moment you become aware of your inner self and learn to control it and where to use it, you have won the greatest battle. Wish you have a happy World Ego Awareness Day.
- The ego represents ignorance and a person who is unaware can never succeed. Best wishes for World Ego Awareness Day.
- You were born that aims to change and affect to someone's life. Remember to use them on World Ego Awareness Day and don't let your ego get in the way. Happy World Ego Awareness Day!
- Life is long. With Ego, it's also lonely. Leave your ego behind for happier days. Hope you have a very happy World Ego Awareness Day.
- Be humble, honest and kind. Let go of your ego on World Ego Awareness Day.
- The ego acts like dust in your eyes. Just as you have to erase it in order to see clearly, you need to let go of your ego in order to see the world. Best wishes for World Ego Awareness Day.
ObservedWorld Ego Awareness Day has been observed annually on May 11th.
Wednesday, May 11th, 2022
Thursday, May 11th, 2023
Saturday, May 11th, 2024
Sunday, May 11th, 2025
Monday, May 11th, 2026
Ego Awareness Movement in 2018