World Laboratory Day
World Laboratory Day is observed next on Sunday, April 23rd, 2023 (143 days from today).
World Laboratory Day on April 23rd every year in order to honor the great inventions help to make the world better.
History of World Laboratory Day
A laboratory is an establishment that provides controlled conditions for carrying out scientific research, experiments, and measurements.
Because of the different requirements of specialists in different scientific fields, there are many forms of laboratories used for scientific research. A particle accelerator or a vacuum chamber only have in a physics lab may, while a metallurgy lab may have equipment for casting or refining metals or for testing their strength. A chemist or biologist or a psychologist might have a special requirements about the labs.
In almost schools and universities, in industry, in government or military facilities, and even on ships and spacecraft have science laboratories. A laboratory can provide workspace for just one to over thirty researchers depending on its size and purpose.
Some of the world's greatest discoveries come straight from the lab. These discoveries include things like creating treatments for deadly diseases, sending satellites into space, and discovering new elements on the periodic table.
Some of the more amazing things that happened in the lab include:
- Determination of good and bad cholesterol in the human body.
- Turn windows into energy efficient windows.
- Find out what caused the dinosaurs to go extinct.
- Explain the process of photosynthesis.
- Make batteries last longer.
- Make water safe to drink.
- Pioneering medical imaging.
- Produces harder ceramic.
- Seeing distant objects in our galaxy.
Breakthroughs like these have changed lives and even saved some lives. These discoveries have also helped us better understand our universe, allowing us to become more energy efficient and helping people around the world save money. Have you ever thought about our world without these breakthroughs?
How to celebrate World Laboratory Day
To commemorate World Laboratory Day, all laboratories express the gratitude for their workers and researchers who have worked hard to make new discoveries, invent new things and create scientific breakthroughs, which make a better world. Many schools and universities also organize seminars to encourage students to choose science careers.
To have a happy celebration, refer some ideas as below:
- Discuss about the most famous discoveries of laboratory, for examples: penicillin, batteries, aspirin, microwave ovens, and cameras, and how different your life would be without them.
- Learn more about what's going on in the labs.
- Watch some movies such as Jurassic Park, Awakenings, Life Story, and Twelve Monkeys.
- Take part in some activities of medical laboratory science such as Almroth Wright, Robert Koch, Walter Reed, Marie Curie, and Louis Pasteur.
. Spread and raise awareness for all people on social media by using the hashtag #WorldLaboratoryDay.
ObservedWorld Laboratory Day has been observed annually on April 23rd.
Friday, April 23rd, 2021
Saturday, April 23rd, 2022
Sunday, April 23rd, 2023
Tuesday, April 23rd, 2024
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2025