Canadian Bacon Day
Canadian Bacon Day is observed next on Friday, March 3rd, 2023 (241 days from today).
Canadian Bacon Day is celebrated on March 3 every year. This day is widely celebrated in Canada individually. Bacon is just a meat dish made from pork that has been simmered. Bacon can be eaten smoked, boiled, fried, grilled or grilled. Bacon is eaten on its own or can be eaten as a side dish or used as a side ingredient to flavor dishes. Pork bacon refers to smoked or non-smoked bacon cut from the boneless eye of a pork loin, which was Canada's first type of bacon. Bacon is usually eaten for breakfast with cooked eggs or pancakes. Maple Syrup is commonly used as a flavoring during bacon cures in Canada. Bacon Day Canada is celebrated in Canada by having the right amount of bacon in various forms.
History of Canadian Bacon Day
According to rumors, Canadian bacon may have once been known as "bean-powder bacon". This is because the ham is prepared with brine and then rolled in pre-ground dried yellow peas to extend the shelf life of the meat. The versatility of the product makes it quite popular and useful, especially for those who are in a hurry to prepare a meat-heavy meal.
Today, Canadian bacon is still cured, but it is often rolled in golden cornmeal instead of dried yellow beans. But the savory ingredients remain the same - cut from the loin and served uncooked into thick, round slices. This is a leaner portion of pork than standard bacon, making it a slightly healthier option for those trying to cut down on the amount of fat they eat.
If you go to Canada and ask for Canadian bacon, you might get some confused looks. In Canada, it is commonly known as 'back bacon', or simply 'ham'. If you've just ordered bacon in Canada, you'll likely get pork belly slices just like the ones you used to make in the United States.
Canadian Bacon Day was celebrated to honor this delicious, versatile meat.
How to Celebrate Canadian Bacon Day
Celebrating Canadian Bacon Day offers the obvious choice of participating in a meal that includes (or better revolves around) Canadian bacon. This dish will be eaten for breakfast, however, it is not imposition.
The great news is that even those who don't know much about cooking can turn this simple pork cutlet into a delicious treat. Even the most inexperienced chef can try this on Canadian Bacon Day!
Try these ideas for celebration:
Serving Canadian Bacon
There are several of recipes of Canadian bacon that you can try on this day to celebrate this delectable meat. Because of the way it's prepared and sold, there's not even a need to cook Canadian bacon before it's served, so it's great for those with tight schedules.
Or, consider these other simple options for serving Canadian bacon in honor of the delicious day:
- When in a hurry, simply frying an egg and serving with a few slices of Canadian bacon is the perfect start to the day.
- Or put a slice of this delicious meat on an English muffin with eggs. Add some hollandaise sauce for a super delicious savory treat!
- Other delicious options include folding Canadian bacon into an easy omelet, or cutting it into small squares and tossing into a pasta dish.
- Those with a frozen pizza that looks a bit sad can also sprinkle on some Canadian bacon and ketchup to make things really fun and go from boring to awesome!
Give a nod to all things Canadian
While enjoying Canadian bacon Day, do forget to take the time to enjoy some of the other great things this northern nation has to offer? Canada is known for more than just ice hockey and maple syrup! In addition, it’s a country with a lot of beautiful scenery and friendly people.
Just a few of the things people love about Canada include:
- Clean Air. Due to its natural forests, low population density, and commitment to clean energy, Canada provides some of the cleanest breathing air on the planet.
- Landscape. Some of the most beautiful, infallible nature in the world lies in this country. From the snow-capped Rocky Mountains to Niagara Falls, from deep forests to glistening ocean shores, this country offers much to offer.
- Diversity. Filled with descendants of immigrants, Canada is a fairly young country with many different languages and cultures that give it rich diversity and a welcoming feel.
Breakfast at Tim Hortons
While there's no guarantee that all Tim Hortons franchises will serve Canadian bacon, many of them have breakfast sandwiches containing this particular meat. Since more Canadians eat breakfast at Tim Hortons than at any other restaurant, it seemed like the perfect place to soak up some Northern touch.
Enjoy some Canadian entertainment
While gobbling up this delicious steamed pork breakfast, why wouldn't Canadians enjoy it? It's also home to some of the great comedians, musicians, and actors from here.
Canadian Musicians and Bands:
- Sarah McLachlan
- Neil Young
- Celine Dion
- Shania Twain
- Barefoot women
- Fire Arcade
- Wick tree
Canadian actors and actresses:
- Ryan Gosling
- Cobie Smulders
- Seth Rogan
- Rachel McAdams
- Keanu Reeves
- Sandra Oh
ObservedCanadian Bacon Day has been observed annually on March 3rd.
Wednesday, March 3rd, 2021
Thursday, March 3rd, 2022
Friday, March 3rd, 2023
Sunday, March 3rd, 2024
Monday, March 3rd, 2025