National Bubba Day
National Bubba Day is observed next on Sunday, June 2nd, 2024 (249 days from today).
National Bubba Day is celebrated on June 2nd every year in order to honor anyone and everyone named Bubba.
National Bubba Day recognizes all the people we love to call Bubba in our lives. The name may come from the way young children try to shorten the word big brother.
Many close family friends use the name Bubba as a term of endearment and often used as an affectionate nickname for a brother. Over the years, you may have met many Bubbas or maybe you only know one. People who use the term Bubba often use it with people with whom they are close at heart or even respected.
- Emory Nicholas “Bubba” Church - American baseball player in Major League Baseball for 5 years pitching for the Philadelphia Phillies, Cincinnati Reds (then known as the Redlegs), and the Chicago Cubs.
- Bill "Bubba" Clinton - American politician elected as the 42nd President of the United States.
- David “Bubba” Brooks, Jr. - American saxophonist who played jazz professionally throughout the United States after serving in the United States Army during World War II.
- Gerry Lester “Bubba” Watson, Jr. - Professional left-handed golfer currently competing on the PGA Tour.
- Benjamin Buford “Bubba” Blue – The fictional character in the film Forest Gump served in the Vietnam War alongside the film's protagonist, Forest Gump.
To all who are named, nicknamed or sometimes called Bubba, Happy National Bubba Day!
History of National Bubba Day
Comedian T. Bubba Bechtol established National Bubba Day to celebrate all those known as Bubba. The date was originally observed on May 1st. However, it was soon moved to June 2 in honor of his wife.
Bubba is a Southern American slang term for younger brother, mainly used for boys. Although this is how it is used in the South, in other parts of the United States it is sometimes used as a scapegoat for people with limited education who are quite poor. This day was established to empower the people known as Bubba and spread positivity for the moniker.
At the same time, in some places, Bubba is also the name of people who are overweight or large. While people use it as a term of endearment, it is also sometimes used as a term of derision. National Bubba Day was created to solve this problem. It's all about positivity and it should be seen as a name that shows appreciation.
How to celebrate National Bubba Day
- Have a Bubba Party
Call all the people you love by the name 'Bubba' affectionately and invite them over for a potluck so all your Bubba can meet each other and make new friends.
- Spread it on social media
To all the Bubba out there, you can share your story on social media and use the hashtag #NationalBubbaDay to spread this special day to the word.
- Send a gift card
Send through gift cards and show your appreciation for Bubbas and their contributions to your life.
Why National Bubba Day is important
Bubba's is everywhere - in groups of friends and families. This day gives all the people we love to call Bubba the much needed recognition.
This day helps to raise awareness about Bubbas and their contribution to our lives.
- Thank you very much
This day gives all Bubbas sincere thanks and appreciation for simple existence.
ObservedNational Bubba Day has been observed annually on June 2nd.
Thursday, June 2nd, 2022
Friday, June 2nd, 2023
Sunday, June 2nd, 2024
Monday, June 2nd, 2025
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2026