National Carrot Cake Day
National Carrot Cake Day is observed next on Saturday, February 3rd, 2024 (360 days from today).
National Carrot Cake Day is celebrated on February 3 every year. Carrot cake is a cake made up of carrots mixed with cake flour. It has a soft and dense texture. What a day to enjoy the taste of Carrot Cake with family, friends and colleagues.
History of National Carrot Cake Day
Carrot cake is a lovely creation that evolved from a medieval favorite known as carrot pudding. Historically, when access to sugar was non-existent or very difficult to obtain, people used sweet vegetables to make their sweet desserts. This happened as recently as during the Second World War. In these difficult times, the British government needs to provide food and luxury items to their people. You can be sure that this cake has become a dizzying favorite! During the war, the Food Department in England encouraged people to try a variety of recipes that used carrots as a sweetener. They recommend carrot cake, carrot pudding and carrot cake! It should also be noted that cakes made from carrots are healthier.
The United States of America also has some history with carrot cake. It is documented that President George Washington will enjoy this delicacy in Lower Manhattan. He's going to a tavern called Fraunces Tavern. There is a cookbook put together to document and celebrate early American recipes. The Thirteen Colonies Cookbook was created by Mary Donovan, Amy Hatrack and Frances Schull. In this book, they provide the exact recipe for President Washington's favorites. Visit your favorite search engine and you'll be rewarded with a book or recipe in seconds!
How to celebrate National Carrot Cake Day
To celebrate Carrot Cake Day, you can visit your local bakery and find their version of the recipe. You can enjoy a slice or a whole cake without feeling guilty! After all, it's carrot cake. Remember what I told you - it's a healthy treat! Yes, I know that even healthy foods should be in moderation, but on this day, it's time to save up! If you're good at cooking, or even just learning, you can use Carrot Cake Day to impress your friends and family.
There are so many possible recipes that all you need to do is take a minute to search your favorite search engine. Collect ingredients and try it! Whatever you do, remember to enjoy National Carrot Cake Day!
Please refer a traditional Carrot Cake with a Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon MSG
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrots, grated.
- 1/3 cup butter, at room temperature
- 6 oz cream cheese, make sure it's at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Green and yellow/orange food coloring (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 º F. Line pan with parchment paper. Spray the cooking solution, then coat the pan with flour and discard the excess.
2. Place the cake pan on a large baking sheet and set aside while you prepare the cake.
3. Whisk together seasoning, flour and granulated sugar in a large bowl.
4. In another large bowl, mix vegetable oil, eggs (one each) and vanilla extract.
5. Slowly add the flour/seasoning mixture to the oil/egg mixture slowly. Then, mix until just combined.
6. Put in the loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool.
7. To make the frosting, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until fully combined and fluffy.
8. Cut the cooled cake in half and spread cream cheese on the bottom. Replace the top layer.
9. Place the frosting in a large plastic bag with a large icing tip and create the frosting in a circular motion until the top is covered.
10. Put some ice in a bowl with orange-yellow food coloring, and some in another bowl with green food coloring.
11. Replace a bag with icing top and place the carrot shape on top of the cake.
ObservedNational Carrot Cake Day has been observed annually on February 3rd.
Thursday, February 3rd, 2022
Friday, February 3rd, 2023
Saturday, February 3rd, 2024
Monday, February 3rd, 2025
Tuesday, February 3rd, 2026