National Shrimp Scampi Day
National Shrimp Scampi Day is observed next on Saturday, April 29th, 2023 (205 days from today).
National Shrimp Scampi Day is celebrated on April 29th every year in honor of the delicious shrimp cooked with garlic, butter, white wine and lime juice.
In the United States, 'scampi' is the menu name in the Italian-American dish for shrimp. Shrimp Scampi is usually served with bread or rice or pasta and sometimes nothing.
History of National Shrimp Scampi Day
There is no official evidence about the origins and history of National Shrimp Scampi Day. Shrimp Scampi is one of those delicious dishes that would be perfect for dinner during busy days of the week, and it would also be perfect for get-togethers and parties on the weekend. This recipe will taste great when served with a piece of garlic butter toast. If you like Italian dishes and shrimp then you will definitely love this dish, if you don't like shrimp, then you can switch to other alternatives like scallops. Most variations of shrimp scarab come with pasta. Shrimp, pasta, garlic, olive oil, avocado, and herbs not only make this dish flavorful and delicious, but also serve as a filling. It is a special day for serving shrimp with wine, lemon and avocado. Shrimp are Americans' favorite food, and about 1 billion pounds of shrimp are consumed by Americans each year.
Health benefits of Shrimp
- The presence of astaxanthin promotes eye health and protects our eyes from oxidative damage arising from exposure to sunlight. It is believed that the mixture of astaxanthin and other nutrients prevents people from eye-related diseases.
- Shrimp contains essential nutrients like calcium, zinc, and magnesium, phosphorus thus helping in bone development and preventing arthritis.
- Exposure to industrial pollutants, smoking habits and other external factors increases free radicals in our body, which leads to blocking the oxygen supply to the heart muscle. A high intake of shrimp will increase the production of antioxidants, which help fight these free radicals.
- Serotonin is a hormone found in blood platelets, the brain, and in the digestive system. These hormones help build cognition, learning, and memory. When this hormone secretion is not in balance, insomnia, migraines, obesity, and negative thinking arise. Shrimp Contains omega-3 fatty acids that help neutralize serotonin production.
- Eating shrimp regularly helps control irregular menstrual cycles to become a balanced routine well for women, correcting mood swings and relieving joint pain.
- Shrimp has a large amount of zinc which helps in hair growth and new cell growth to prevent aging.
A few tips to buy quality shrimp
- Frozen shrimp is better than thawed shrimp. Frozen shrimp can be stored in the refrigerator for a week while thawed shrimp does not keep for more than two days.
- Please note that the shrimp shell has no black spots. If it appears, it indicates that the meat has cracked.
- When you detect a yellow crust on the shrimp, it indicates that bleach (usually sodium bisulfate) was used to remove the black spots of the shrimp.
How to celebrate National Shrimp Scampi Day
On the day, you just go to the seafood market and buy some shrimp, then search for some Shrimp Scampi recipes online and cook it at home. You can also go to a seafood restaurant or an Italian restaurant with family members and friends and enjoy this dish. In addition, how about sharing a picture of your celebration and your thoughts on National Shrimp Scampi Day with others on social media using the hashtag #ShrimpScampiDay?
It is believed that National Shrimp Scampi Day is a fun chance to try simple delicious shrimp scampi.
- Large Shrimp - 1 1/2 pounds (Cleaned and cleaned)
- Garlic 3 cloves (minced)
- Sauvignon Blanc- 1/3 cup (if not available, use any other dry white wine)
- Parsley - 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Black pepper – 1/4 tbsp (powdered)
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Olive oil- 3 tablespoons
- Salt-1/2 tbsp
- Take a dry pan and heat over medium-high heat. Heat oil in a pan, and then put shrimp into.
- Saute it for two minutes. Put minced garlic into pan and stir for one minute. Now, stir in the white wine, pepper, and salt, and let the mixture boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 30-40 seconds. Now it's time to add the parsley and lime juice, stirring until the parsley adheres evenly to the shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Enjoy this delicious juicy prawn dish with your family and friends.
ObservedNational Shrimp Scampi Day has been observed annually on April 29th.
Thursday, April 29th, 2021
Friday, April 29th, 2022
Saturday, April 29th, 2023
Monday, April 29th, 2024
Tuesday, April 29th, 2025