World Art Day
(Also known as Art History Day)
World Art Day is observed next on Saturday, April 15th, 2023 (77 days from today).
2012 was the first time of World Art Day celebration by UNESCO.
On April 15th every year, in order to commemorate art of different types coming from different parts of the world, World Art Day is born and celebrated around the world
Art is a medium that includes different aspects. It promotes creativity of all kinds and is appreciated all over the world. Famous works of art are installed in museums in several countries. In addition, it plays an important part in historical description and imparts education about the culture that once existed.
History of World Art Day
The IAA (International Art Association) has designed April 15 as World Art Day. The original idea was to have a day for art lovers and artists around the world, not only members of the International Association of Arts (IAA). The aim was to create a day to highlight the importance of art in the lives of all people, of all ages and races. All art centers, galleries, Universities, Museums, and artists are free to organize their activities. April 15 was chosen to honor the birthday of Leonardo Da Vinci, who is considered a symbol of multiculturalism, free speech, world peace, tolerance and vision in the world. Events on this day can vary from special museum hours to special conventions and exhibitions. Therefore, World Art Day will allow all art lovers and artists in the world to feel the preciousness and power of art at the same time and let us all understand that it is important to all countries in the world.
When man uses his creative skills and imagination to create something in a visual form, it is called art. Some of the most popular art forms include painting, sculpture, drawing, photography, and calligraphy, which can be used in professional applications, such as architecture, fashion design, wood crafts, and jewelry design. Along with the visual arts, there are also the performing arts. Examples of performing arts include dance, theater, and music.
There are many reasons why people (especially children) should engage in an art form. Some of the benefits that art offers include:
- Art creates a love of learning and creativity.
- Art enhances concentration, improves hand-eye coordination, and helps teach problem solving.
- It supports emotional intelligence and helps people express complex emotions.
- Art overcomes racial stereotypes and religious barriers and helps build community.
- It builds self-esteem, increases motivation and improves overall health.
- Art are useful to awaken the senses and help people experience the world in new ways.
Many people enjoy art as a hobby. Others make a living as an artist. According to the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), there are more than 2 million professional artists in the United States. They maybe fashion designers, floral designers, and graphic artists. A smaller percentage of artists make a living working as writers, animators, and architects.
It is unknown how many artists are around the world. What is known is that several cities are famous for their art and culture including Florence, Venice, Rome, London, Barcelona, Mexico City, Paris, Vienna, and Jerusalem.
How to celebrate the day
The International Arts Association (IAA/AIAP) celebrates in order to promote International Corporation through the arts. This association is a non-governmental partner of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). Every year, the city of Los Angeles holds many festivals to celebrate this day.
Take part in:
- Sketch a drawing, write an essay, take some pictures or compose a song.
- Commit to participating in a mural painting class or sign up for an event.
- Make plan for a detail project with your baby.
- Learn about world-renowned artists including Vincent van Gogh, Michelangelo, Andy Warhol and Georgia O'Keefe.
- Visit an art museum.
- Watch any interesting movies such as The Mona Lisa Smile, Walt before Mickey, Midnight in Paris, or Frida.
- Share your artistic creations on social media with #WorldArtDay.
ObservedWorld Art Day has been observed annually on April 15th.
Thursday, April 15th, 2021
Friday, April 15th, 2022
Saturday, April 15th, 2023
Monday, April 15th, 2024
Tuesday, April 15th, 2025